My Valentine's Day Story of the Year

My mum sent me to run errands at Trader Joe's. I finally checked everything off the shopping list except for the SAF instant yeast. I tried to find it in the baking aisle, but the yeast was nowhere to be found. So, I asked the lady handing out samples at the top left corner of the store if she knew where the instant yeast was. She told me she had no idea.
"You know what? I'll ask Carl...CARL!!" She yelled.
I didn't see Carl for a few seconds, but I did hear someone yell...
"OH MY GOD! IS SHE SINGLE?!?"
This man came up to me and shook my hand very eagerly.
"Hi, I'm Carl, but seriously, are you single?"
I chuckled & said "Yes, I am."
"You don't have a boyfriend?"
"No."
"What on Earth is wrong with them? Are they blind?"
"Um, they're asleep?" I was still trying to process what had just happened & I couldn't come up with anything better to say.
"Well, if I was half my age & I didn't have a family, I'd date you in a minute."
We both laughed & I realised that the lady handing out samples was still right next to us & that she had listened to our entire conversation. I quickly changed the subject.
"Um, do you know where I can find the SAF instant yeast?"
"Oh, we don't sell that anymore, do you make your own bread?"
"My mum does, it's amasing."
"You know, I've always been wanting to make bread for my son, how does your mum do it?"
"She's had this bread machine for years & it's still in top condition. I don't know what the brand is, but the bread machine is white & it has an elephant on it."
And our conversation went something like that. Then, we said our ta-ta's & I drove home without the SAF instant yeast.

Comments

  1. Beautiful story! Happy Valentine's Day, Katie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zafrin, Happy Valentine's Day to you too!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Garrett, tell Sarah & Bex that I give them my best!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts