I didn't make the soccer tryouts!!!!

The title says it all. I did not make the soccer tryouts. Today, while I was on the bus ride home, I started thinking about theories on why I absolutely did not make the soccer team. I couldn't think of any! I Was too mad to think! Then it came. Or I thought it did. I still don't know the real reason though.
Maybe it was because when we started our scrimmage on Friday, it was when I just randomly kicked the soccer ball into a basketball hoop and made it? I was halfway across the gym from that hoop and I had no choice but in order to get it past that really good forward, I had to kick the soccer ball really hard. Everyone thought that that was really cool and told me that that was an amazing shot. The popular people trying out pretended nothing happen, which is completely typical-and it makes them look completely stupid. Even one of the coaches complimented me. I could have sworn that at that point, I made the team! Maybe it was because it looked like i was actually aiming for that hoop and maybe that unintentional move made me look like a complete show-off.
Or maybe it was because I soon gained some confidence about going all out with the ball and kicking it as hard as I can. First, I kicked it into the wall to pass it to someone else. Then I probably gained even more confidence and kicked the soccer ball once (went up high) then when it came down I kicked it again (way too high). What do I meam by too high? Too high as in it reaches the wall and breaks one of the gym lights. That's when I noticed that thongs went a little too far.
"Katie Brees come over here!" One of the coaches said.
They started talking to me like I didn't know how to even kick a ball and I am the type of person that doesn't say anything when someone is baby-talking me so I just stood there taking that stupid lecture in.
So I went into school the next morning and into the cafeteria and saw the list.
"Oh no! I didn't make it! Oh.....that's the softball team! Phew!" I screamed.
Then when the bell rang, I ran literally to Mrs. Mele's room and looked by the door. No results.
"You look confused Kt," Mr. Tyson told me.
"You got that right. I am looking for the tryouts results." I replied.
"The list is on the wall, not on the door!" Mr. Kocher laughed.
I looked. I could not find my name. I did not make it.
TEEHEE!

Comments

Popular Posts