My Trip to the Violin shop High strung

So last Saturday on the day of the Duke vs. UNC game, I went to the Highstrung violin shop. I am trying out 3 violin shops: Highstrung, Chapel Hill Violins, and John Montegomery.

I have decided to take pictures of all the violins I am interested in. I will go from least to greatest. I will try to describe each of the violins as best as I can remember.
This was the first violin I tried out. I do not remember the name, but I remember that I had no problem with this violin, but I believed that it wasn't enough to fill my expectations.
The lady helping us pick out the appropriate violin, told us that this was an excellent example of a violin that looked beautiful, but did not sound as warm and resonating, but bright and energetic. Although I am an very bright and energetic person, this violin did not meet my expectations, even though its beauty did.
This is a Sandro Luciano violin. It costs I believe 1700, around that price. It was a good violin, and the lady told me that it would come with the whole outfit, meaning a bow and the case, but I wanted an oblong case. So that kind of ticked me off there because shaped cases definetely don't look very elegant!
Now this was my favorite violin, the gaurneri violin. I remember when I picked it up, I thought that it was going to be like all the other Violins I already tried, but it wasn't. When the sound came out, it was so warm and resonated, I loved it! When I ran the bow across the A string and played my favorite note, a B, (I just like how that note is on the third line of the treble clef, it just looks awesome!), that just made me love that note even more!!!
I liked this violin shop. It was very nice.

Comments

Popular Posts