Savannah, GA

We spent all of yesterday in the old part of Savannah, GA. The first thing we did was look around the city. It was really beautiful. My favorite part had to be the abundance of Spanish Moss. 

I also love the architecture, which was very old and stylish. 
We went to lunch at a Peruvian place with our grand parents. I ordered fish tacos and they were delicious. We then ordered Churros, which took forever to cook. We ordered them with a dulce de leche and a guava topping on the side. What was even funnier was that it only took us 2 minutes to eat them. 
After lunch, everyone except my mom (who went to a coffee shop because she wanted to save up her money for Europe)  went on a river ferry called the Georgia Queen. It's a very beautiful, patriotic ferry.
  There was a boat crew member on the intercom informing the passengers of the history of the ferry and Savannah. It was rather interesting. The first thing I learned was why General Sherman chose to spare Savannah during his infamous "March to the Sea". The women who lived in Savannah decided to try to defend Savannah by tearing up the railroad tracks and covering the boat, the CSS Georgia, in those. When Sherman's army arrived to Savannah, the citizens of Savannah begged Shean to spare the town. The only harm Sherman did was sink the CSS Georgia in the river. Currently, the navy is working on bringing the ship back to the surface. We saw a couple of Navy divers going from port to port. 
After our awesome boat ride, we went to a small restaurant so my grand parents could have their beer, looked at some funny t-shirts, and went back to the hotel to change for the family reunion party. 
I decided to take my viola and practice. I also decided to play the Allemande in front of my grandma. At first, she didn't want to listen because she was never a fan of classical music. I really thought she was joking. Then, she changed her mind when I said that I was only playing for 2 minutes. Because she doesn't like classical music, I played that movement the best I ever played it. I thought I played the opening the best I ever played it. Other people came in to listen because I'm guessing that they could hear me. They enjoyed the performance. I also ate some banana pudding and some popcorn chicken for dinner. Then, instead of doing my sat prep, I watched Big Bang Thoery with my mom and called it a day.

Comments

Popular Posts