My Recipe for a Night with No Procrastination

Being that I have been in high school for three and a half years, with nights filled with hours of busy work and studying, I have become very familiar with what study routine works best for me. I have also become very familiar with how I start to procrastinate. I have noticed that I start procrastinating when I am either completing a time-consuming assignment or studying for a test that will mean life or death to my grade in a certain class. What happens is I get bored and next thing you know, I have wasted an hour checking all of my social media websites and watching Buzzfeed videos. 
This happens to me at least one night a week (usually Thursdays) and my new year's resolution is to prevent this from happening. I have learned that in order to prevent procrastination, you must allow yourself to procrastinate for minuscular increments of time. By giving yourself breaks, you are not only allowing your brain to refuel, you are preventing yourself from wasting time goofing off. 
Procrastination is a huge problem where if it's not prevented, you are preventing yourself from releasing your inner potential through your school work. I really hope this helps.

Materials
-A computer: A phone would be counterintuitive.

-Your favourite social media website: I would recommend Pinterest or tumblr. Keep these open and minimised in a separate window.

-A regular Spotify account: Listen to an instrumental playlist. My favourites are anything under the Spotify Concentration categoury. You can find this categoury in the explore tab on the left of the Spotify page. It would be highly recommended to listen to your Spotify playlist on a computer rather than a smart phone.

-A clean study area: Your study area should, first of all, be a sanitary, dust-free, distraction-free, and clutter-free workspace. It also helps if this study area is a place where you would enjoy studying everyday. You can make this happen by decourating your space with a picture frame, a cool pencil bucket, or a lovely bulletin board. There are also hundreds of study space DIYs online that can inspire you. You will find that you will be immediately motivated by how awesome your new study space looks! However, be careful to not go overboard with decourating, you will need space for your studying supplies.

What to do:
Put on your favourite Spotify concentration playlist and start working. Do not stop working until the commercials on Spotify start playing. Once the commercials start playing, allow yourself to check up on your favorite social media websites. Once your music starts playing again, stop checking your social media and get back to work. Repeat this process until you have completed all of your assignments. By doing this, you will notice that you have spent much less time finishing your assignments. Now you can sleep and refuel for the next day.



Comments

Popular Posts