How to Set Your New Year's Resolutions Correctly

I have always been one to set New Year's Resolutions. However, year after year, I would fail to follow my resolutions. This year, I decided to come up with a different approach and I hope this helps some of y'all.

I realized that my resolutions were usually very unrealistic. Looking back, I noticed my resolutions were stop eating sweets, become prettier, get a boyfriend, become the best violist ever, and the unattainable list goes on. I notice now that these resolutions contained what I would like to call reality check words. Reaching a goal is like climbing a mountain: if the goal is worth it, it will take time to achieve that goal.

For example, instead of setting your resolution to stop eating sweets, make your resolution be eat less sweets. However, if you were to not do this & decided to go cold turkey on sweets, soon enough you would crash & burn. Before you know it, you would be back to eating unhealthy, large portions of sweets & you would have crushed your New Year's Resolution. But if you give yourself time to achieve this goal & if you sometimes let yourself eat a few sweets, you will start noticing results.

1.) Be healthier: I know this is the generic New Year's Resolution, but it's my resolution every year. My family is very healthy: we love granola, we hate anything super processed, and we eat a lot of gluten free and organic products. So, we are doing well so far!



2.) Stop caring about men so much: Honestly, teenage boys are jerks. I can't believe I just realized that, and I'm 17! Honestly, I'm too ugly for men my age, so I'll wait until my junior year of college to get my Mrs. degree. I guess I'll triple major then.

alfreditoromano:

Y la Abuela tenía razón…

3.) Do a better job at concentrating only on the people that care about me: I noticed that over the years, I have made the mistake of crossing oceans for people who wouldn't even jump over puddles for me. Because of that, I have sometimes missed out on the people that matter most to me in my life, the people that count, like my family and my best friends. I have to stop being so nice to people that I barely know.


4.) Improve on viola: Become looser in body. I will also work on following the Karen Tuttle belief system more closely.

5.) Improve my work ethic in school: I want to work on staying more focused and not procrastinate by watching a billion Buzzfeed videos.

study/work motivation:

6.) Blog more! I think I have a blessed life and some wonderful ideas, and I want to share my ideas with others! I hope to gain more followers and viewers because I am on a good path so far!

p-e-f-a:

http://p-e-f-a.tumblr.com/

Comments

Popular Posts