Carrboro, NC

Looking back, I notice that my spring breaks were wasted catching up on my assignments. Some of my teachers at East would be so merciless, that they would plan a huge exam on the day we got back from break. Because of that, I would have to spend my entire break studying! But newsflash: I have no homework from any of my classes this year.
Being that I have been so blessed with this opportunity, I have decided to seize it. I have decided to use this spring break to make up for my past spring breaks. Instead of studying my butt off, I will run my butt off! Instead of staying cooped up inside working on essays, I will go on adventures in the Triangle Area.


I am actually very surprised by the fact that I have lived in Chapel Hill for five years, yet there is so much I still don't know about this lovely place. In order to find out more about this spectacular area, I am going to go on nature walks, explore UNC, and cycle into Carrboro! I will also take a few photos and write an entry per adventure.
However, I do know that I need to practice. In order to successfully keep up with my practising, I am only going to take my little expeditions Wednesday and Friday. The other days are going to be spent learning a symphony and fixing my wrist position.
I actually took my first adventure today, but I was expecting it to be more of a running of errands than an odyssey. I had a dentist appointment scheduled at 8:30 today. My driver's license expired, so my only option was to cycle 3 miles to the dental office.
Let me mention that I was actually very excited about this. I was going to get my exercise in while soaking up some sun, which makes for a very nice combination.



After visiting the dentist, I cycled to the DMV, which was 5 miles away from the dentist's office.
Cycling through Carrboro reminded me a lot of Europe. In Europe, you don't have to drive everywhere, you can hop on a bike to get where you want. There were bike lanes everywhere, which made me feel very safe. And the scenery was gorgeous!
Also, as Elle Woods used to say...



...Endorphins make you happy.
Which, once again, I found very true. I mean, it's no wonder Denmark is the happiest country on earth, they can ride their bikes everywhere!
After waiting for an hour and a half to renew my license, I somehow remembered that the only type of pants I don't have in wardrobe were palazzo pants. Then I remembered that I was in Carrboro. I figured that there would be a store selling these pants near the Weaver Street Market and I cycled on over.
While I was locking my bike, I thought of how much time I would probably waste finding my dream palazzo pants. What if every store is out of stock? What if they're too big? What if none of the stores have pants in a color I like? Musing through the questions, I walked into the shopping centre.
You know that awesome moment when you find out you need something, but you think it's going to be impossible to find, but right when you start looking for it, you find it in 30 seconds? Well, that's exactly what happened to me when I walked into the shopping centre. Right in front of me, I saw a beautiful boutique filled with palazzo pants, tie-dyed cami's, and gypsy skirts! Bingo.


I found out from the nice boutique owner that all of the merchandise is imported from India (Kathmandu Imports). Everything in the store was made out of exquisite, long-lasting material, which contrasts from the palazzo pants made with cheap fabrics from Forever 21 and Target (it's sad, but true).
I wanted my first pair of palazzo pants to be loud, busy, and screaming with color. Luckily, I found some hot pink paisley palazzo pants that matched all of my requests. I am so excited to wear them because I can pair the pants with a solid color v-neck or cami and I'm set.


Basically, if you want a beautiful pair of palazzo pants, come to Classic.


I then wrapped up my day by watching Friends with my furry friend while eating a read bean hummus wrap and eating last night's strawberry lambic jam bars. I am officially very full.



On Wednesday, I am planning on going on a huge river hike with Reese. I hope Reese doesn't jump into the water. I also hope that I will get some excellent shots, stay tuned!



Comments

Popular Posts