Prom 2016

Surprisingly, there was no stress involved in the prep part for prom. Bex, Claire, Catherine, and I did our nails the night before. Bex and I started getting ready very early. All I had to do was blow dry my hair, get Catherine to put it in a half-up braid for me, put on my dress, put on my makeup, and find some shoes. Despite the fact that the fire alarm forced everyone to exit out of the dorms half way through getting ready, we still made it. We also managed to fit in a photoshoot for me and Bex.
Bex's mom treated Bex, Sarah, Garrett, and I to a wonderful dinner at Nawab. I did my very best to not get any curry on my dress. We ordered mango chicken curry, spicy lamb curry, vegetable samosas, chicken samosas, and pita bread dipped in olive oil and spices, which meant that it was the first time in 2 weeks that I had had gluten. My favorite part was the mango lassi. I swear that thing could have been my prom date. It was a mango drink mixed with greek yogurt and it was a cold drink. I am going to make this drink again sometime in the near future.



We all headed off to prom, feeling very satisfied after that wonderful dinner.
During the event, I tried to take photos with as many people as I could. The people I took photos with inspired me in some way, whether that be through their talents or their amazing personalities. Someday, I will probably look through these photos and say, "Oh my gosh, this person is famous now! I can't believe I took a photo with them!" or "Oh my gosh, I remember him/her, he/she was so inspiring!". I also filtered a lot of the photos to be black and white because I thought it looked classy and the lighting was pretty weird in the room.
So, I just want to explain in a few sentences why I took photos with these certain people.
I asked Ryan to take a photo with me because he has the best smile, he is really nice to everyone, and he is an extremely talented ballet dancer.


I asked Elizabeth to take a photo with me because I love sitting by her in AP Statistics. She is also a great guitarist!


I asked Bree to take a photo with me because she is such a great friend and she has been there for me through a lot of hard times!


I asked Josh to take a photo with me because he is a very kind and has a great personality. I also heard he has his whole political platform already laid out, so I'll have to ask him to tell me about it someday.


I asked the Carlos twins to take a photo with me because they are the most inspiring twins I have ever met. Dorothy and I are in the same quintet and I love talking to her. I also love her laugh. Bella has helped me a lot this year with high school and I love talking to her too!


I asked Minto to take a photo with me because I couldn't help it.


I asked Annie to take a photo with me because I love talking about desserts with her. We get so hungry in bio because we start talking about these delicious desserts! I also think her and her boyfriend are relationship goals.


It's a Fran Fran sandwich! Fran is so beautiful, her instagram is so pretty and I love her hair! Kathryn (or Kat) is a hilarious, inspiring, individual. She has been a huge inspiration for me pretty much all year, whether that be through Kookin' with Kat or through conversation.


I got to take three great photos with Nathalie, but this is my only photo with Jaewon. I asked Jaewon to take a photo with me because he is so nice to everyone. In fact, he's so nice, he asked me to dance with him!


This is probably one of my favorite photos because these are some of my favorite people. You know what, I just love everyone, okay? Starting from the left, it's MacKenzie, Taegane,  Nathalie, and me. MacKenzie has always inspired me not only through her fabulous cello playing, but through her impeccable style in clothing and her kindness. She was also a great orchestra tour buddy this year! I have known Taegan for quite a long time and we've grown close over the years. We don't get to see each other a lot, but when we do, we both have a blast! Nathalie is such an inspiring violinist. I have no idea where I am going to live when I grow up but if Hilary Hahn and Nathalie were coming to perform at wherever I was, I would choose Nathalie. I also have met a fair share of musicians who are great at their art, but they think they're so great that they have the right to look down at other people. Luckily, Nathalie is not like that. She is kind to everyone, and she is very funny. We had the chance to talk a lot at prom and I had so much fun talking to her!


And finally, I got to take a photo with my best friend at UNCSA, Bex. I love this girl so much, she has always been there for me. She is also an extremely smart individual. She plays clarinet, takes a million AP classes, takes NCSSM online courses, and somehow manages to get everything done. She also is very benevolent; she always reaches out to everyone, including me. So, thanks for being such a great friend Bex!


And that's a wrap for Prom 2k16!

teenageers:



Happy New Year’s











Comments

Popular Posts