Boone, NC

When I found out that Hurricane Matthew had demolished my grandma's dock, I was heartbroken. Mema's dock was one of the only places in the world where I could find peace & quiet. I would run out on the dock with the dogs. Sometimes, my family would come with me. We would all watch the sun set over the beautiful St. John's River & have a wonderful time. The dock has brought my family so close! The roof of my grandpa Jim's boathouse read "FLY NAVY" & I always thought of him flying his Tomcat over the river when I was sitting on the dock. Although this place that is so close to my heart is probably gone forever, I am relieved that my beloved Mema is safe. I don't know what I'd do without her & I am so glad my Mema, as well as the rest of my family in Florida, is safe.


Comments

Popular Posts