My Mother's Epiphany

My Mom & I were taking a hike with Reese yesterday. She told me that she finally realised that she has gone her entire life thinking that she was Kendall the teacher. Now, she has come to the realisation that she is Kendall the person.
Thanks to my mom, I have come to this epiphany: I am Kathryn Brees the person. I am not Kathryn Brees the violist. I am not Kathryn Brees the student. You may feel sonder to know that just like you, I have a life as vivid & as complex as yours.
I can not wait for the day that our society will cease to put labels on us. I know that this will not happen over night. Just like a ride on the metro, it will take many stops before we finally arrive to our destination. But despite the hardships, I am willing to get on board.



Comments

Popular Posts