Raspberry Ridge

Thanks to pure luck & my sister, I ran across HGTV's show, Love It or List It featuring the Raspberry Ridge property. Watching that episode gave me nostalgia & knowledge.
Because I was probably having so much fun playing violan & frolicking around, I never noticed how much renovation the property needed. The first floor was slanted. The laundry room & the first floor restroom were one room. The house had century old plumbing. The list was pretty long. Marty & Shannon had a modest renovation budget, which meant that the couple could either spend their budget renovating the first floor or the second floor. Marty & Shannon decided to only renovate the first floor, which is the floor that the faculty & campers would spend the most time in. With show host Hilary Farr's help, the couple realised that they made the right decision.


Show host David Visentin was in charge of finding a similar, alternative property for Marty & Shannon. Visentin found a property that had plenty of backyard space for the campers, an extra room in the house for Marty to teach, and an extra building large enough to seat a youth orchestra. Unlike the barn on the original property, the extra building had an air conditioning unit, which means that the campers wouldn't have to worry about their bows or instruments acting up. The properties were extremely spacious on the inside as well, which was perfect to raise a family in.
In the end, Marty & Shannon decided to list the property. My mum & I were very sad about this decision because we thought that the couple didn't realise that they were giving up a unique property that held decades of memories. Did you know that the original Raspberry Ridge property is one of the only properties in the Chapel Hill area that has a clay court? We also thought that Hilary did an excellent job on the first floor renovations. I could visualise the campers having fun learning about music in the renovated rehearsal rooms. 
I can also see why Marty & Shannon made this decision. The second floor of the house was not renovated. Marty & Shannon are planning on raising a family, which requires a lot of bedroom space for the family members. Unfortunately, the property did not offer enough bedroom space. The soon-to-be family's first priority was family, which is why they decided to list it.


I will miss the property, but I am thankful for the memories I made there. I hope the property that Marty & Shannon choose provides a motivating, relaxing, and welcoming atmosphere for the campers. Thank you HGTV!





Comments

Popular Posts