My top 17 Favourite String Videos of All Time

Do you ever become so unmotivated to practise that you think that nothing will ever inspire you to play again? Well, I try to overcome that feeling by watching an inspirational strings video or two...or five or six or seven. I hope you can become inspired by at least one of these videos to either listen to classical music more or to practise more.

17.) Bond-Explosive: Yes, this music video is cheesy, but I love this arrangement. Why was this never in a 007 movie?


16.) The Piano Guys ft. Lindsey Stirling-Mission Impossible: Creating this trio arrangement was the perfect way to combine Lindsey's spunk, Steven's swiftness & Al's...clumsiness.


15.) The Piano Guys-Rockelbel's Canon: I bet cellists who often are hired for wedding gigues can relate to this video.


14.) The Piano Guys-Cello Wars


13.) Bond-Shine: This needs to be made into a Bollywood movie ASAP.


12.) Bond-Fuego: This song reminds me that everyday, I am getting closer to making living in Spain a reality. 


11.) Stephanie Block-Walton Viola Concerto: I think I listened to this at least once every day during my senior year of high school.


10.) Hilary Hahn-Beethoven Violin Concerto, Rondo: At the age of 15, Hahn makes her international debut with this violin concerto. Hahn is still playing beautifully & her drive has always inspired me.


9.) Gil Shaham-Run Gil Run to Sarasate's Zapateado


8.) Lana Trotovsek-Fratres: This is one of the most serene violin compositions I have ever heard. It reminds of looking out at the calm sea & the stormy sky in Swanage England. It also reminds me of pure virtuosity. 


7.) Shoji Sayaka-Brahms Violin Concerto in D major


6.) Natalia Golub-Tchaikovsky's Passion Confession arranged for viola and piano: I am learning this piece right now & I am wishing that I could have just as good of a tone as her. 


5.) Vox String Quartet-Prokofiev's String Quartet No. 2 in F major, movement III: Not only do I like listening to them play, I like watching them play. These talented children already know how to communicate (& play) on an extremely advanced level. Congratulations on making it to Fischoff!


4.) Talla Trio-Rachmaninoff Piano Trio in G minor


3.) The Piano Guys-Happy Together: If this doesn't make you like classical music, then I can't help ya.


2.) Jacqueline du PrĂ©-Elgar Cello Concerto: Whenever I watch this, I can never get through this video. The reason for this is because instead of watching all 33 minutes of the video, I replay the first 20 seconds of the video 33,000,000 times. 


1.) Sarah Chang-Sibelius violin concerto & Thais Meditation: These two are tied for first because I get really chocked up whenever she finishes playing. In those moments, Chang realises that all that time she put into her art was worth it. Just scroll to the last few minutes of each video if you want to know what I'm talking about.






Comments

Popular Posts