Sunday, February 19, 2017

My friend Rafailia and I played in the annual chill chaser at the Church of St. Luke's. We got to play the first movement of Mozart's duo for violin & viola in G major and I got to play a Telemann A minor duet with Karl, who knew how to play the Viola de Gamba...ist.
Before we started playing the Telemann, Karl, who was the musician playing the Viola de Gamba part, told me that he felt privileged to play alongside me. He also said that he never thought that he would play with someone of my expertise-and everyone broke into thunderous applause. I am not trying to honk my own horn, but it's been awhile since I've gotten a comment like that. It's a pretty big deal for a musician like me to get a compliment like that when you are criticised everyday.
I also realised that I forgot that talent comes in many forms.

Comments

Popular Posts