My Favourite Quotes From "The Art of Racing in the Rain"


I just finished the novel The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. This book is in the perspective of Enzo, a dog who lives with Denny, a race car driver, & his family. Here a few of my favourite quotes.

"She was my rain. She was my unpredictable element. She was my fear. But a racer should not be afraid of rain; a racer should embrace the rain."-Page 44

"Shadow. Ghoul. Devil. People are afraid of them so they relegate their existence to stories, volumes of books that can be closed & put on the shelf or left behind at a bed & breakfast; they clench their eyes shut so they will see no evil."-Page 66

"To live every day as if it had been stolen from death, that is how I would like to live. To feel the joy of life...To separate oneself from the burden, the angst, the anguish that we encounter every day. To say I am alive, I am wonderful, I am. I am. That is something to aspire to. When I am a person, that is how I will live my life."-Page 160

"...to finish first, first you must finish."-Page 206

Comments

Popular Posts