The Hunger Games Trilogy: Observations...

I want to start off this blog post by asking if you have read the entire Hunger Games Trilogy.  If you have, keep reading.  If not, stop reading this blog post because my observations contain some major spoilers starting after these random pictures.  




Didn't get the photos?  Then that probably means you haven't read the trilogy.  So, if you haven't read THG Trilogy & you're still reading this, don't blame me for spoiling some of the fun for you.  Here are a few things I observed while reading The Hunger Games Trilogy.

1.) District 11 is a portrayal of slavery: Everyone who lives there is black. For every person who lives in District 11, there are probably two Peace Keepers. There is a concrete fence with barbed wire & watch towers surrounding the entire district. Everyone who lives there does back-breaking work in the agricultural fields...how does that not ring a bell?


2.) The fan films are worth your time! I remember watching all of THG trailers over & over again. I was getting bored, so I looked at the suggestions tab & saw a bunch of hunger games fanmade films. I watched some of them & I was so blown away - I was not expecting them to be so good! These fan-made films are mostly of past hunger games. They are usually made by high schoolers for a class project or by professionals. Either way, it is so much fun following the stories, here are my favourites!




3.) Team Gale? Team Peeta? How about team Finnick? I mean seriously, can a human being get more perfect (& hilarious) than this?







4.) Who run the world? Girls (AKA Katniss)! I am loving how the media is starting to understand that using a strong female heroine can be just as awesome as using a male as the hero. Forget Barbie, Katniss should be every girl's role model. Sure, she has two great guys who are head over heels for her, but there are other things in her life that matter more to her - like keeping her family safe. Katniss also is one of the bravest people I know, I don't know about you, but she is my role model!


5.) The unfairness of the 3rd Quarter Quell: Honestly, the third Quarter Quell was so uncalled for. Just as Johanna Mason put it, the Capital promised the tributes that since they won their Hunger Games, they could live their lives in peace, but the Capital broke their promise just so they could give its citizens the Hunger Games of their dreams. What truly hurt was reading the page in Catching Fire (I don't have my copy with me ATM, so I can't quote anything) where Haymitch was showing Katniss & Peeta the live video recordings 75th Hunger Games reaping from other districts. The one reaping that hurt to read was Cecilia's. I remember reading something along the lines of Cecilia having to say goodbye to her husband & children, I can't imagine what she had to go through.


6.) Katniss gives great love advice: The very last page of the trilogy basically sums up some of the greatest love advice the Internet has ever bestowed upon me.


Thank you for reading my post! This was such a fun trilogy to read, I haven't been able to take some time to myself to read an entire series of books in years. I tried reading THG trilogy during my sophomore year of high school, but when I got to Mockingjay, I got bored & gave up. But I'm glad I tried again! The way I got through Mockingjay was I only read a chapter a day, but by the time I had only ten chapters left, I read all of them in an eight-hour car ride! 


Comments

Popular Posts