What the animes Kannon, Air, and Clannad have in common

Why do I say this? It's simple.
About a week ago, my neighbor Celeste made me watch Clannad. I had come across this anime a couple of times, but the plot never engrossed me enough to watch it. Fact is, I never even knew what it was about. I've even come across images from the anime, they were pretty cool, but that wasn't enough either.
Air is another anime that I wish that I had the chance to watch, but I never had. It was a limited edition in 2007, you see! I was outraged.
When I watched Clannad, there was this huge bell going off inside my head. The characters looked so fimiliar, even though I have never seen them before! Even the theme song sounded familiar.
I soon found out that Clannad was made by the same director that made Air. I am going to place pictures of the main characters next to eachother so you can compare and contrast reader.

Misuzu- Air
Nagisa- Clannad
Two reasons why I believe that Clannad and Air were made by the same director: Look at their eyes. They are drawn exactly the same way. Another reason why I believe that Clannad and Air were made by the same director was that Nagisa's om looks exactly like Misuzu. Look at the picture below!
Next topic: the anime Kannon. I was randomly watching Anime theme songs. When I came across the Kannon opening, I started comparing it to Clannad and Air.

Focus on the girl with the short brown hair.
Now focus on Nagisa. Don't they look exactly alike?!
Now I am going to show you the theme songs. My hypothesis is that all these songs are sung by Lia.
This is the theme song for Air, Tori No Uta, or song of the bird.
This is the first theme song made for Clannad. Don't know what it's called, but it's very upbeat.
This is the second theme song for Clannad. It is called the song that ticks away time, or Toki Wo Kizamu Uta.
This is the theme song for Kannon.

Comments

Popular Posts