My Pre-Prom Workout!

Usually, I wake up on Saturdays and spend an hour and a half doing cardio and conditioning at the gym in Chapel Hill. However, being that tonight is going to be one of my most memorable high school moments, I wanted to twist things up. Behold, Kt's Pre-Prom Workout!
Before starting this workout, do not eat breakfast, do not eat anything. Just drink water. This will help prevent cramps. However, if you're one of those lucky people who never gets running cramps, then I'll let you slide.
Cardio: I did a treadmill cross-country workout for 50 minutes without stopping. I prefer the cross country workout because I can practice running on inclines. My favorite treadmill at the gym (the Precor in the far right corner) lets you have access to gluteal (this workout's a killer), intervals, weight loss, and other workouts without asking you to enter your heart rate.



Conditioning: Today was a day to try out something new! Last Wednesday, someone wrote this wonderful 30-day challenge on the gym's whiteboard.



I decided to use my first, middle, and last name. It took me 45 minutes to run through everything. This was how I almost died:

K = 10 push-ups
A = 50 jumping jacks
T = 15 squats
H = 20 squats
R = 15 push-ups
Y = 10 crunches
N = 25 burpees
~1 minute water break~
C = 30 squats
O = 40 jumping jacks
N = 25 burpees
N = 25 burpees
A = 50 jumping jacks
W = 20 burpees
A = 50 jumping jacks
Y = 10 crunches
~1 minute rest break~
B = 20 crunches
R = 15 push-ups
E = 1 minute wall sit
E = 1 minute wall sit
S = 30 burpees

That was probably one of the most challenging workouts I have ever done, but I have to admit that I feel accomplished, refreshed, and ready to kick it at prom!



Comments

Popular Posts