How I Organise my Life

For these past two years, I have had people occasionally come up to me and ask me questions like:
"How did you come up with that amasing outfit combination?"
"How are you watching so many Netflix shows? Ain't nobody got time fo' that!"
"How did you know to wear short sleeves today? I thought it was going to stay in the lower 40's!"
"Why are you following so many Spotify playlists?"
"I've never seen you wear the same outfit once!"
Okay, that last one wasn't a question, but those were just a few examples. But when someone (usually one of my close friends) gets a glance of my planner, they start asking even more questions.


They'll notice the tiny writing at the top, noticing that I have listed out different outfits and a bunch of other things that seem to be written in code.
It all started the day before my penultimate first day of high school (AKA Junior Year). I had some friends who were juniors last year & I remembered how they would sometimes bring up this common problem: waking up in the morning, not knowing what to wear, rummaging through their closet to find anything appropriate (while probably making a huge mess along the way), and running out the door last minute. I did not want to be that girl. I wanted to be the girl who had her outfits planned out ahead of time. I wanted to be that girl who could wake up in the morning and not have to worry about picking out an outfit at the last minute.
I sprung into action. I opened a new document on my Google Drive & I called it "Kt's Outfit Ideas!! <3".


Each outfit was listed out using the following formula:

-Top
-Bottom(s)
-Shoes
-Jacket (if applicable)

Overtime, I started becoming more interested in buying new outfits, I kept up with what was trending, I bought or mail ordered clothing items from all over the world (from Paris to India!). It has been two years and although I typed out the entire document with a size 8 font, my outfit list is now 17 pages long. I guess you can say that I really like planning out my outfits. 
I am going to start explaining this process. I hope that no one gets confused!
My Lilly Pulitzer agenda is literally my life. If I were to lose this planner, I think I would go crazy because I plan out my entire life in this thing!


I always plan out all of my outfits, etc. a week in advance.
Here's the process:
1.) Check the weather for that day. Weather.com is 90% accurate.
2.) Outfit: I find the outfit that I chose the day before in the outfit ideas document. Let's say I roll the dice and I roll a 3. I would count 3 outfits from the previous outfit. If that outfit corresponds with the weather, I write it down.
3.) Earrings: Being that I spend a lot of the day playing viola, I do not want to worry about my dangly earrings getting stuck in my viola (it has happened before, don't ask!). Because of that, I only wear small studs. I keep all of my stud earrings in a Trader Joe's mint box (idea creds: Racheal C.). 


I grab a handful of earrings (no peaking!) & pick out earrings that I think would go well with that certain outfit. I keep on doing this until I have randomly selected 6 earrings. I line up all 6 earrings & assign them each a number. The earring on the farthest left is 1. 



Let's say I were to roll a 3. That would mean the earring third from the left has been chosen, which in this case is the black bowtie. I come up with a specific name for that earring & I write it down. 
4.) Iphone backgrounds: I just get a bit agitated if my phone doesn't match my outfit, I'm that strange. I have downloaded so many great Apps with so many great backgrounds. I have a general anime/cartoon/art background App, a Paris background App, a Spain background App, Monogram it! (my go-to for fancy outfits!), & Lilly Pulitzer. I use the LP App when I have am wearing something with no patterns. I also love using the Apple wallpapers and any of my own photos!




How do I choose my backgrounds?
What I do is I find two backgrounds from 2 different Apps that match whatever outfit I chose. The first background I found is an even number, the second an odd. If I were to roll a 3, that would mean I would choose the second background for that day. I give that background a really specific name & I write it down.
I live on a set of rules for this. The first rule applies to the day before. It's really hard to explain this without using an example. Let's say that the day before, I selected a background from Lilly Pulitzer. In order to add more variety to the next day, I can not select a background from LP. The second rule is more of a preference. It also tells you why my lock screen is different from my home screen. I don't like to change my home screen as much as my lock screen. I like it when my home screen is either some pattern or one colour, which means that my home screen is usually LP or some Apply dynamic background (like the one I have now). 
5.) Computer wallpapers: This is very similar to the Iphone background situation. I have 7 different wallpaper folders. The folders are...
Your good ol' Apple wallpapers!


Konachan 


National Geographic & some of my own photos (PC: Me!).


Kate Spade 


Lilly Pulitzer


Vera Bradley


& DesignLoveFest


If you want to know where you can find some of these artsy wallpapers, click here!
How does this process work? Let's say the wallpaper I had the day before was Konachan and I rolled a 3. That means I would count 3 folders from Konachan. I would land on DesignLoveFest, which means the wallpaper I would use that day would be DesignLoveFest.


6.) Number of tumblr reblogs: I consider my tumblr to be a work of art. I only like watching little bits of change happen over time rather than all at once. 


BTW, if you'd like to follow my tumblr blog, click here!
I simply roll the dice and the dice tells me how many posts I can reblog. For example, if I were to roll a three, that means I can reblog 3 posts.
7.) Number of Pinterest repins: This is pretty much the same process as #6. I find that I gain more followers when I reblog ≤ 6 posts in a day.


If you would like to follow my Pinterest, click here!
8.) Daily Playlist: I don't like listening to the same music everyday. I have a list of every playlist I own/follow on Spotify & Itunes. It looks something like this.


Let's say that the previous day, I listened to Spotify Latin Dinner & I rolled a 3. That would mean that the next day, the daily playlist would be Spotify Spain's Viral 50.
9.) Netflix shows: I love watching 7 shows all at once. I watch around 1 episode a day, so I'm moving slowly. The waiting adds to the suspense of the show's plot. I seriously recommend every show I am watching right now. They are all great, here's the list.


Let's say that the previous day, I watched Gossip Girl and I rolled a 3. This would mean that I would get to watch Monarch of the Glen the next day. How fabulous is that?


10.) Hair ties: My mom was kind enough to give me a glass box full of hair ties for my 18th birthday. Of course, a light bulb went off when those 60 hair ties were in my hands and I decided to add them to this process as well. I just take out a handful and find a hair tie that matches the outfit. I'm just keeping it simple.


And that, ladies & gentlemen, is the entire process. I hope y'all don't think I'm too OCD now.

Comments

Popular Posts