Jacksonville {Beach}, FL

Today was a historical marker for me in terms of my wardrobe & independence.
Mema gave me her 30-year old Kensington Burberry trench. She had been talking to me about possibly giving me the coat, but I really thought she was joking. When I found out she wasn't, this was my reaction.


I had always wanted to have a Burberry trench of my own ever since I was little. I have always seen women in Spain, France, & England wear these beautiful coats. Not only do I get a magnificent coat, I get a coat that has had a history in my family. 

After storing this trench coat in a very large safe, I will be very proud to say that I am officially done shopping. For life.
I also get to spend the night with my Aunt Jenny tonight. Jenny asked me to buy some guacamole from the Mexican restaurant a couple blocks away. She let me drive her giant Lexus monster truck along Jacksonville Beach, which was pretty awesome. When I got to the Mexican restaurant & started ordering, I accidentally started speaking in Spanish! It was as if my brain thought I was in Panama again. The waitress noticed that I could actually understand everything she was saying, so she politely went along with it.
It just felt so nice speaking rapid fire Spanish again. I felt so happy! Moments like these remind me that I truly belong in an apartment in Spain-with my Burberry trench!!




Comments

Popular Posts