Jacksonville, FL

Although I only heard a fragment, I listened to a TED talk that answered so many questions for me. I can't find the TED talk, I looked everywhere I could on the website. If anyone is reading this & knows what TED talk I'm talking about, please don't hesitate to contact me (Facebook would be best).
Girls are raised differently from boys. Boys are raised to be brave & to take risks. On the other hand, girls are raised to stay in their boundaries & to step back when danger lies ahead. In other words, girls are currently being raised with unrealistic expectations; we are raising our girls (or have been raised) with the mindset that we have to be perfect.



For example, in a study with 100 randomly selected males & females, the study found that on average, men applied for jobs when they met at least 60% of the qualifications. In contrast, women only applied when they met 100% of the qualifications.
I want to say that we girls have to stop being so self-conscious, but me saying that would make me a hypocrite. I have always had a problem with worrying about what others think of me. I'll just leave it at that & that I am improving day by day.

funyuns:
“ Every time you reblog or don’t reblog something on Tumblr you’re affecting a life. Think about it.
”

A couple of hours ago, I saw two Manatees on the dock. As soon as I saw them, I sprinted back to the dining room.
"There are Manatees out there, I'm not joking."



I got Uncle Lynn, Becca, & Mom down on the dock to see them. We hadn't seen Manatees in 6 years, so we were pretty excited. After watching the Manatees swim away, Lynn, mom, & I sat on the dock, talked about life, watched the sun go down, & stared at the stars. It really was one of those moments that I will remember until the end of time.








Comments

Popular Posts